Pulse DocParsing automatically ‘reads’ details from supplier invoices and all document formats to pre-load relevant data for checking/editing and one-click entry into any system
INTELLIGENT | ACCURATE | TIME-SAVING
The function of AP within the finance team is traditionally associated with tedious data entry from supplier/vendor invoices and other documents. Manual data entry is not only time-wasting and fatigue-inducing but inherently prone to keystroke error.
Advances in technology allowed Pulse to develop DocParsing as the document-to-data conversion tool so clever and powerful that it’s also available to all businesses industry-wide as the universal document parsing solution called DocRocket.
With DocParsing working to extract relevant data from documents in all formats, finance team members and others in the organization have more time to add real value to their roles by checking for the accuracy and validity of details on invoices and other documents received by email or scanned. DocParsing is the major step towards achieving business automation in the finance department. It’s easy to get started, and very simple to use.
Most document-to-data conversion tools go halfway towards streamlining the process of transforming the information on static documents into actionable data. Only Pulse DocParsing preloads the extracted data ready for checking and accurate punching into the Pulse Mining ERP system, exactly where it should go, allocated correctly, with just one click.
This example shows how DocParsing can work for supplier/vendor invoices but it can be used anywhere in the business to reduce data entry. DocParsing can ‘read’ any document format and even most images of documents, such as receipts.
Key features and functions
- No more tedious, error-prone keystroke data-entry
- Works with supplier invoices, any documents
- Automatically detects details on documents
- Human checking for control and accuracy
- Enter valid, accurate data with just one click
- Punch to Financials or any destination (agnostic)
Once-only formatting setup
- Set up each invoice/document format once only for all similar documents to be recognized and ‘read’ automatically in future
Each style/format of a document that’s received (such as the invoices received from a certain supplier) needs once-only setup for DocParsing. Thereafter, relevant information is automatically extracted from documents received. Extracted data is automatically loaded for checking/editing and one-click entry.
Business-as-usual for suppliers
- Suppliers and vendors continue to email invoices and other documents to accounts@ or the usual inbound mailbox address
- DocParsing detects the relevant inbound documents and automatically forwards to the ‘reader’ for processing to commence
Suppliers and vendors don’t need to know you’re using DocParsing to automate the drudgery and inaccuracy of manual data-entry. They continue to email your accounts department as usual and DocParsing does the rest for you!
Documents 'read'; text is pre-loaded
- Documents are ‘read’ and the identified text is pre-loaded into the CHUI (Character-Based User Interface) for the AP representative to commence processing
CHUI sessions are conveniently conducted with an adjacent DocParsing screen. Standard keyboard shortcuts are used to navigate the DocParsing process.
Data pre-filled for one-click entry
- Identified text is clearly displayed on the CHUI screen
- Details can be checked/validated/edited before final entry
- Accept and enter the pre-filled data simply by pressing ‘GO‘
Data is conveniently pre-filled saving tedious keystrokes yet the AP representative still retains full control for checking accuracy and validity. Tab through fields to edit the pre-filled data if needed and when ready, punch it into the system, wherever it should go, with just one click.