LOCATION: Thornton NSW 2332
POSITION: Analyst Programmer – full-time
Pulse Mining Systems is the world-leading developer of technology for managing the business of mining. Founded in 1986, and based in the Hunter Valley NSW, the company’s systems and solutions are used in many different countries across a wide range of mining operations and resources types.
Pulse Mining ERP is the complete mine management system with five fully-integrated or standalone modules. Pulse Analytics is the groundbreaking suite of agnostic BI dashboards used in mining and other industries. Ongoing enhancements to existing systems, and frequent new product releases, are fulfilling the company’s vision to develop, improve, and evolve its world-class software, analytics, and mobility.
The Pulse team is growing due to new client acquisitions, increased scope and scale for existing clients, continuing new development and modernisation projects, and rapid technological advancements.
Pulse offers the opportunity to build a long and successful career, with pathways to career progression available. Located in a purpose-built facility at the end of the M1 freeway, Thornton, our offices and development environments are professional yet laid-back. A range of branded shirts are provided for business-casual dress. Schedules are flexible within reason, and employees can have the option of working remotely on occasion. The Newcastle region offers a contemporary coastal lifestyle with attractions and amenities which appeal to both families and single professionals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Pulse Mining Systems is seeking the services of an experienced Technical Business Analyst to join our acclaimed team. This is a demanding role that would suit an accomplished developer with great communication, analytical and problem-solving skills; motivated by the satisfaction that comes with providing first-class customer service.
This role would also suit a professional Business Analyst who has an interest and aptitude in guiding the evolution of complex software products. A talent for UI/UX design for enterprise class systems would be highly regarded.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Demonstrated experience with technical projects relating to ERP, eCommerce, integration, EDI
- Experience in custom web application and report development
- Experience in a Business Analyst capacity and Project Support
- Excellent requirements gathering skills with the ability to interpret and extract all relevant business and technical requirements producing appropriate documentation and technical specifications
- Experience with coordination and development of user acceptance testing plans
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting the functionality of an established ERP platform
- Demonstrated proficiency in general analysis techniques encompassing workshop facilitation, interviewing, joint application development, storyboarding, user stories, USE cases, estimating, and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts
- Ability to meet user needs, drive and influence initiatives and outcomes
- Ability to work with product owners and other stakeholders on how best to implement solutions
- Ability to contribute to projects to meet business strategy needs
Ideally you will have a solid understanding of the HR (Human Resources) subject matter area and be able to interact directly with client stakeholders in gathering and analysing requirements and providing solutions to their needs. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where it will be necessary to juggle competing priorities with limited resources; and keep accurate records for billing and documentation purposes.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your CV (Word/PDF) and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
Technical Business Analyst – [your name].
Pulse Mining Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in confidence.