Systems Administrator / Analyst Programmer
LOCATION: Thornton NSW 2332
POSITION: Systems Administrator / Analyst Programmer – full-time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Pulse is looking for someone with strong scripting abilities to combine systems administration responsibilities with the ability to contribute as an analyst/programmer in an exciting, high-paced environment.
The internal infrastructure of the Pulse Mining ERP comprises virtualised VMware & Hyper-V system clusters running both Windows and Linux servers, providing a stable platform. Working within the Pulse IT department as a Systems Administrator, the main aim is to install and administer the Linux operating system, the bash scripting layer, and the hardware.
As a Systems Administrator, the successful candidate will provide support to extensive Linux-based environments and be responsible for the complete lifecycle of customer implementations and internal projects.
- Support internal and external clients involving all operational activities
- Identify and scope customer requirements and translate into technical solutions that meet budget constraints adhering to project management philosophies
- Work with the Client Services team and within the Development team to execute technical solutions and deliver quality implementations and service proposals
- Create and maintain departmental technical documentation
- Troubleshoot complex issues (Server, LAN, router, firewall, backups)
Notwithstanding that this role also involves systems administration, even the most experienced developers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill-sets in many advanced areas.
You will be encouraged to undertake training or otherwise work on your professional development during normal business hours. You will have a modern workstation with a reasonable budget for workstation customisation and purchasing the peripherals you require.
An attractive and highly competitive remuneration package will be offered based on the successful candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- Tertiary education or industry-specific certification highly desirable
- Excellent understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 components, performance analysis, and systems administration
- Strong Linux/Unix system administration, RedHat, Debian
- Strong networking and infrastructure skills. DHCP, DNS, AD, Group Policy, IIS
- Experience with SQL queries and database maintenance
- Experience with virtualisation and associated network/storage systems
- Strong scripting skills, PowerShell, bash and perl
- Experience with system management and monitoring applications, Nagios, SCCM
- Experience with large-scale technical projects, custom web application development, report development
- Excellent skills in problem-solving; communication, solution, and UI-design
You will be motivated and enjoy challenges.
Pulse Mining Systems is the world-leading developer of technology for managing the business of mining. Founded in 1986, and based in the Hunter Valley NSW, the company’s systems and solutions are used in many different countries across a wide range of mining operations and resources types.
Pulse Mining ERP is the complete mine management system with six fully-integrated or standalone modules. Pulse Analytics is the groundbreaking suite of agnostic BI dashboards used in mining and other industries. Ongoing enhancements to existing systems and frequent new product releases are fulfilling the company’s vision to develop, improve, and evolve its world-class software, analytics, and mobility.
The Pulse team is growing due to new client acquisitions, increased scope and scale for existing clients, continuing new development and modernisation projects, and rapid technological advancements.
Pulse offers the opportunity to build a long and successful career, with pathways to career progression available. Located in a purpose-built facility at the end of the M1 freeway, Thornton, our offices and development environments are professional yet laid-back. A range of branded shirts is provided for business-casual dress. Schedules are flexible within reason, and employees can have the option of working remotely on occasion. The Newcastle region offers a contemporary coastal lifestyle with numerous amenities and activities. The median house price is $587,000 . The Hunter has a population of 634,572 with 10.1 million tourists visiting annually . The median age of Newcastle city residents is 37 years.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your CV (Word/PDF) and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
Systems Administrator / Analyst Programmer – [your name].
Pulse Mining Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in confidence.